In a global economy, cultural misunderstandings can have an immediate, negative impact on business productivity. Open Mind, Open World provides a solid foundation for identifying and understanding basic cultural values and behaviors. Employees and managers gain insights, strategies and skills that help minimize cultural misunderstandings and strengthen interactions.
Workshop & Self-Study Objectives
- Identify cultural tendencies that impact our interactions and effectiveness
- Identify and respond to situations involving intercultural dynamics
- Distinguish between effective and ineffective intercultural communication
- Use global awareness and the O.P.E.N. process to improve communications and productivity
Important note about this program: It is not a U.S.-centric program. The video scenarios depict people from around the world interacting with each other in common business settings (face-to-face and via conference/web).Length: 32:00 Minutes
- Key points
The O.P.E.N. Process Model:
- Presents five cultural continuums as a foundation for understanding intercultural communication
- Illustrates common situations where effective intercultural communication is necessary
- Promotes the O.P.E.N. process to improve global communications and productivity.
- Observe and identify global and cultural behaviors
- Prepare responses to common situations
- Engage in effective multicultural communication
- Notice the results and revise and adapt as necessary
- Package Includes
DVD, USB Flash Drive or Streaming License available.with reproducible support materials. Print materials will be delivered electronically via email/Internet.
- Alternate Versions