International Best-Seller! Interviewers are more apt to select the best person for the job when they use this Behavior-Based Interviewing (BBI) strategy developed by Paul C. Green, PhD. Now in its 4th edition, More Than a Gut Feeling provides practical, easy to use instruction that helps organizations:
• Significantly enhance recruiting and hiring efforts
• Improve employee retention
• Equip managers (and others) with proven behavioral interviewing skills
More Than a Gut Feeling is one of the most popular training programs ever. It has been used worldwide in organizations of all types and sizes. This revised and updated 4th edition features:
• Additional coverage on how to uncover behavioral predictors.
• Meaningful insight on how a thorough job analysis can be the basis for developing effective behavior-based interviewing questions.
• Practical interviewing techniques that help organizations build their best team, while saving time and money.
This program helps interviewers go beyond making hiring decisions based primarily on how they feel about a candidate.
This program shows interviewers how to make the right hiring decisions, based on behavior-based interviewing (BBI) strategy developed by Dr. Green. "This approach is behavioral because of its emphasis on gaining specific examples of what a person has done, in order to predict what that person will do. People tend to perform in the future in the same way that they performed in the past."More Than a Gut Feeling IV is a wealth of valuable job-related interviewing techniques to help build your best team while saving time and money.Key skills presented include: asking rapport-building questions; answering the candidate's job questions; taking notes and explaining why; asking specific, open-ended questions to gain behavioral predictors; allowing for silence; maintaining control; getting contrary evidence and evaluating answers in a systematic way. This program applies these techniques to the most common interviewing situations and helps you to make selection decisions based on more than gut feelings.For Your Business Issues on Hiring, Personnel Staffing, Recruiting, Retention, Selection Interviewing, Turnover and BBILength: 28:00 Minutes
- Key points
- How to plan a job-related structured interview that is defensible
- How to use a job description and other job research to begin building a structured interview
- How to gain a behavioral predictor that can be used to project an individual's job performance
- How to use questions in a way that will help you control the interview
- How to make hiring decisions based on facts and information, rather than gut feelings
- How to explain why the concept of past actions predicting future performance is so important in selection today
- How to use a job-related approach that will help you be legally defensible
- Package Includes
DVD or USB Key with Leader's Guide and PowerPoint
- Alternate Versions
DVD, USB Key. Interactive eLearning: Starts at $15/Learner