DetailsLeadership is a powerful substance that can be easily abused. The key to using it wisely lies within each of us. This is the message of the entertaining video training program Leader Madness. The video demonstrates six warning signs of ineffective leadership, showing how seemingly insignificant actions can develop into destructive leadership practices.
Each scenario clearly identifies a critical moment of choice when the leader either motivates or alienates a work group. The wrong choices are played out with engaging humor, encouraging each of us to take a fresh look at our own leadership practices.
This program easily adapts to leadership workshops for leaders at all levels in an organization, including managers, supervisors, team leaders, newly-appointed leaders, and experienced leaders looking to refresh skills.
Closed-captioned.Length: 21:00 Minutes
- Key points
- Allow people to do their jobs. Beware of doing people's jobs for them. Give them a direction and get out of their way.
- Tell people what they're doing right! Beware of only telling people what they are doing wrong. Notice what they're doing right and tell them.
- Use your enthusiasm to solve problems. Beware of addressing real problems with meaningless pep talks. Use positive energy to find solutions.
- Put leadership before friendship. Beware of placing friendship before work. If you want to be respected as a leader, act like one.
- Take the time to really listen. Beware of dominating every discussion. Instead, listen more and talk less.
- Be an ethical role model. Beware of little white lies. Set the standard by your own behavior.
- Package Includes
DVD, and a 28-page comprehensive training Leader's Guide with reproducible worksheets. DVD contains PDF version of leader's guide and supporting PowerPoint graphics. (Guide and PowerPoint files also available as a download.)
- Alternate Versions
Spanish, Digital Streaming