Diverse Teams At Work: Capitalizing On The Power Of Diversity (program 1)
Diverse Teams At Work Series
In today's complex and pluralistic world, where teams are seldom homogeneous, workers often come with different values, norms, languages and points of view. Each person on a team has a unique, four-layer diversity filter that impacts how they behave or react to others on the team.
Your own filter colors you opinions about and attitudes toward others. It is these attitudes and assumptions about others who are different from us that often form barriers to productive work relationships and effective teamwork. The key to understanding and solving many diversity based issues in teams lies in the awareness of this diversity filter and learning how to keep your diversity filter clean.
- Understand the four ways teams develop.
- Gain knowledge about how the diversity of members impact team work.
- Learn the specific dimensions of diversity that influence team interactions.
- Analyze how personal filters impact relationships with other team members.
- Develop methods for helping members discuss and deal with diversity variables operating on the team.
- Utilize tools for identifying and avoiding potential diversity related conflicts among co-workers.
Read More >>
Length: 25 Minutes
DVD contains both Programs 1 and 2, and Leader's Guide with reproducible participant worksheets. Sold as series only.